Sunday, April 04, 2010

OMG it has been a year!

Just came to realize my last update was nearly a year ago! So much things had changed and I don't even know where to begin with. Just checked my draft and apparently there are 2 drafts that was lying there and its about "foreclosure" and "Economy crisis" but never did get published. I guess I lacked the passion to complete the drafts as its all just data but not about how to summarize it up nicely from my perspective. On a personal basis, the crisis impacted factory industries in the sense that increment and promotion comes scarce. I guess those who are the slave for industries have to endure this cyclical move, on a self note, I need to get out of the next cycle as the industry is too unforgiving..

Just a bit of update (not in chronological order) on whats happened for the last 1 year:

Burglary on my apartment - Somewhere in November my house got broke into (ok, he literally climbed in from my open window) and stole away my laptop, digital camera, Nokia charger, portable hard disk and wallet. The major impact is the portable hard disk which contains alot of my personal pictures and also information which I could leverage based on my work but fortunately I can survive without it. Did some improvement to deter further break in right after that...

This is what my original living room looks like, no big deal here

Masonry measure and preparing the demolision of the wall

The day the wall fell


There are 2 days where I have no windows to cover my new opening


Stole this from LuNee's blog on how the end result looks like


What is different here beside the extension of the additional 40 sq. ft. were the small facelift on my kitchen thanks to Elaine. Now it looks more neat and tidy :) Also different right now is the new carpet I got from Lorenzo! Hahaha, yes, I changed my old IKEA carpet and now its bigger, furrier and nicer! Of course it cause a dent in my pocket but for a place I spent so often, I think its worth it.

Another major event was my car involved in an accident around last August. It happened when my car had completed a service and was prepared to be delivered the next day, but a trainee from Shidi's workshop mis-judged some distance and broke my front... the damage is severe: front bumper, headlamp, bonnet, fender...
Everything was replaced with the same old stuff which Shidi manage to sourced but it took away another 3 months of my time. It was also repainted on the front side and its now back to normal

Apparently my only solitude entertainment was my lousy hi-fi, gone were the days of PS2, PSP, modeling and also trading card games. Age is really catching up I guess, my next hype is PS3 but that requires HDTV... definately something worth pondering :)

No comments: