Monday, April 16, 2007

Damn my glasses and the gods

Lost the darn spectacles at the SP waterworld yesterday, so no big deal as I thought, what can 60degree of near sight cause? What I didn't realize was that I also have 100+ astigmatism which really sux during the night coz all the lights will be seen as flowery which will have problem when you wanted to pin point the source of the light (estimate distance)
So I guess Zeus decided to throw in some difficulties by throwing down some water from the sky to make the light smear even more, top up with thunder for effect yesterday. So I thought, what the heck, no rain is going to slow me down in the night, even without my glasses, I'm pretty sure I could nail the 20 minutes drive back to my apartment in Penang...

Then it hit me before the Bridge toll, Daihatsu's reknown's reliability decided to kick up a hush by ceasing operation of my wiper, DURING A level 2 rain!!! (Note: Level 2 rain = the rain's frequency requires user to operate their wiper at 2nd slowest speed)

I swear I did not insult anyone (especially gods) in any manner, but this is the list of misfortune that I have to put up with, on a cool Sunday night. I have driven Daihatsu Charade for the past 3 years and I NEVER EVER have a spoilt wiper before, nor did I heard anyone of my friends, even in the forum complaining about spoilt wiper. And then I have it, during rainy days, without my glasses somemore. WTF!

Luckily I have my sister with me, but that bugger also drive like no tomorrow, have to call her hp 2 times to slow down then only really slow down. Really glad I made it through Penang bridge without any incident, I seriously think that I have made a significant achievement / milestone in my life by surviving the drive, I think this beats being the #1 in Penang bridge run.

So the hell with Daihatsu's wiper, and my glasses... will post the picture I took inside the car during the freak drive later.

No comments: