Monday, February 09, 2009

Transplant: Halfcut mari

Sometimes you do wonder is it worth changing the heart of an old patient... Its just like Dr. House usually finds it hard to find a donor for his superbly sick patient and especially so when Dr. Cuddy refuse to let his patient on the donor list citing too old.

Anyway, I had decided to go ahead and do a transplant for my old pathetic car, with the reason that I want to have a daily driven car to go work, it has to be:
- Small and zippy
- Soft on the petrol
- Cold air cond
- Low maintenance

My old engine currently only able to fulfill the first 2 criterias, while leaving the remaining 2 in limbo ever since day 1. So I guess this time the downgrade from 1600cc to 1300 will be good a good move.

So I will be starting a chronological update on the progress of the transplant... on 7th February 2009, Shidi found another halfcut at Ibahraki and we went to inspect the condition, the engine started nicely and stable ignition, electronics seem to be still functioning and air cond is not responding, suspect freon gas had leaked, its a risk worth taking as the condensor and air cond indicator are still functioning. It comes with Blitz BOV and Apex'i open pod filter, which I think will reduce the subsequent task for its improvement...


So today was officially the day my car got warded into the workshop at BM, waiting for the half cut to arrive really made me feel like back in the old days where we children wait for the ais cream uncle to come to our house at noon, heheh. So when the bloody thing arrive, it was hoist with a crane and place side by side in front of my car, then for the next month or so, it will sit in the warehouse quietly doing the transplant there. After settle the remaining balance of the halfcut, the lorry guy went off and the guys at the workshop prepared the layout and everything...

After everything is done, the workshop closed business of the day at 1pm (because its holiday today for replacement on Thaipussam)... Thats all for the update.


Note: My dad is trying to sell off his Ford right now coz needed to increase 'cash on hand', anyone reading that is interested with a 2002 Ford Lynx 1.6 (M), kindly drop me a message, I just hope the car will be here for another 2 months or else I will be forced to 'borrow' Amy's car and leave her carless .... heheh
Stay tuned for the next update!

No comments: