Thursday, December 25, 2008

First time in charity

Having sinned so much in my life, I decided to contribute a little bit back to society by participating a joint event of charity organized by my friend Foong and his gang. The event was scheduled on 22nd December where we pour in the money and get lunch box and sundries for an old folk home at Relau.

The place was a very run down home which houses 30 old folks (including some with movement difficulty), the condition of the places are lacking and their requirement list are simply long. The gang managed to gather RM600 for this event by buying simple necessities like maggie mee, eggs, can food, soya bottle, and many of those stuff listed on the list. Besides that, we also bought about 35 packs of economy rice for the old folks as lunch. Just seeing them eating the food and thinking that normally they had worse meal made me feel very sad when I think about me enjoying sushi king and McD in my normal days....

Normally I don't do charity as I believe that the money I contributed would usually ended up in the committee's pocket (as this is usually the case) and not the affected victim, but this effort ensure that the money goes to the right people and you are able to see the effort being consumed there and then are simply something new. The best thing is this group only target to do charity on the worst condition old folks home or homeless child home... as oppose to those high profile old folks center which look more like a marketing gimmick.

Now that technically I have done some positive karma, I believe this should also make year 2009 a nicer future for me right? :P
Will definately do it again!

No comments: