Thursday, December 25, 2008

4E or A31 or leave it be?

Have been thinking whether to convert my engine into 1.3, or get a new car (Cefiro A31), or stick with everything during the economy slowdown that's coming...

If I go for 1.3, I will partially achieve my dream of driving a forced induction car, but its still a Charade... a 15 years old charade to be exact, and that is not something spectacular... And I still have to endure a learning curve of driving a turbo engine, which is not as easy to maintain as a NA ....


If I go for Cefiro, I will be using all my hard earned money and then pay it all by cash, as there are no loan given for a 10 years old car... But doing that would achieve 3 main personal goals which is to drive a forced induction car, a rear wheel drive car, and also to consolidate my family's vehicle structure... not to mention having a normal work car and also a weekend car...But of course I will be a poor damn bastard and living a pathetic life


If I remain status quo, I will be able to absorb my house loan by keeping the cash in the bank to minimize the interest rate... It would definately help in the coming years when the economy hit bottom and starts to pick up again.


Being not able to make any significant decision, I had proceed to gather data on these 3 options and found out that the 1.3 would cost around RM5k, with the intercooler remain as top mount. This is not as cheap as 2 years ago, and the main reason is because of high demand and the strenghtening yen dollar against our stupid ringgit. Yup, economy crisis had impacted this decision, if I choose to move forward...


Then there's the A31 Cefiro... Averagely its around RM25k to RM37k depending on location, modification done and also the condition of the vehicle. I had seen one being sold for RM18k but that's member price... too bad didn't have a chance to see that. This option currently I'm thinking to delay for now, and wait for the economy effect to kick in and hopefully there are people who couldn't afford to maintain huge cc car.... The dropping price of petrol doesn't help in this scenario at all :(


And if I were to remain status quo, I would be able to save at least couple thousands in interest alone... technically this is not a very hard decision to make, but its contradicting to my idea of living...


Hhmm... And then there's this friend J that wanted to find carpet for his Honda City... hiong kan already, since City is being assembled in Thailand, there are no half cut that masuk City carpet as all half cut stuff are coming from Japan... A similar substitute would be Accord 5 piece carpet, I hope he don't mind the word "Accord" there if found....


Problem statement everywhere, analysis are abundant, unfortunately solutions are always tricky to come by...

1 comment:

Alvino said...

Leave it be lar... Economic situation is not good and might get worst next year...
So keep at least 6 months worth of cash in your bank...