Sunday, October 15, 2006

Working environment #part 1

Most of my friends knew that I am a loyal employee, I work in a place and I will continue to strive to be a better employee because I hope to have a better increment each year and I also believe that if I put myself to a company, they will eventually appreatiate my work and accept me as a family.



Take for example my first working place, "CI". I thought that I will be working there forever, bought my first charade when I was working there and I was set to start off my career there, they promise that I will become an executive after a 3 months probation and I was naive enough to listen to them. 3 months passed, and I am still a trainee with no vision of my future. So I quit the job and ended in other place...



"CS", my 2nd official job. Got the title engineer, wow, thought it was cool. Yeah, it's all basically the name only, the work was fun though, the amount of job load can actually let you forget that you have a car, you have a family, heck! Even you have a name. But I learnt alot of stuff there, and through my good mentor I manage to fix alot of stuff that all engineer was employed to fix in a sub-con world. Then I move on coz my mentor was reassigned to another department and I needed a boost in my income.


Now there's "AT", if you want me to describe "AT" work environment, I would say it's a resort hotel + free snooker center attached. Imagine free breakfast, unlimited lunch hour, free tea break and best of all, 1st world facilities. I don't think there's any other company out there that can beat this, maybe on par but never beat. Everyone is talking about ergonomics, you can't spend all your time working lah, must flex your wrist if you sit down in front of computer too long lah, must circulate your blood by walking around lah.... basically all the things that justify that you can walk to the cafeteria out there at any time. If that's not all, the food they serve must be of standard, found a hair in your dish and the cafeteria operator is in for a rough time. Now due to business model change and some of the global acquisition going around, I am no longer in "AT" but in "MV".




"MV" basically follows all the old rule of "AT" except for the fact that everyone is churning additional workload due to new place, new setup, new style.... hence alot of new crap. To put it mildly it's no longer resort but it's like a coal mine with air conditioning. Everyone likes air conditioning, but everyone agrees that coal mine is not the right place to work. But I will continue to work here, until I became a Saturday night, or I die before reaching TGIF.

No comments: