Monday, November 06, 2006

Blood test!!!

Did a blood test when I was 23 years old, no abnormality based on that report, but if I remember correctly it takes about 5 minutes to extract what can be done in 1 minute, during that test, the blood froze halfway during the 20cc pick and it had to be resume after I downed a cup of lukewarm water. OK so fine, my blood are naughty little bastard liquid.

On 4-Nov under the influence of my gal, I went for another blood test at a health lab near BJ. Things went well except for the fact that blood refuse to flow out of my body, it took 4 attempts to extract the cute red liquid from my green vein and it still failed. Bloody trainee doctors I presume. This is exactly what happened…

1st attempt
Doc 1: OK Relax
Me: (Look away and pray) …
Doc 1: Hhmm…
Me: (Curious… felt tingling pain on left arm)
Doc 1: ….(about 30 seconds)
Me: (Turn and see the needle)… WAH! No blood come out 1 ?
Doc 1: (Remove the needle) Never mind, you go out there and wait for a while, later we do again.
Me: (thinking… OMG, AGAIN?!?!)

Went out, saw my gal waiting, tell her the bad news, she say never mind, don’t nervous or panic, oi oi me a bit.

2nd attempt
Doc 2: OK, I heard that your previous attempt fail right? OK never mind, relax.
Me: Very relax already (palm sweating, knees weak, arms are heavy)
Doc 2: (plunge needle into right arm)
Me: (Looking at the syringe…. Why my blood didn’t come out 1?)
Doc 2: (Try to suck the blood out… Nothing but pain)
Doc 2: (Try to suck harder)
Me: Sssss (show a pain face)
Doc 2: (Remove the needle) Hhmm, ok, you go out and drink a cup of water first. Then we try again later.

Went out, saw my gal again, tell her bad news, take a cup of water, down it.

3rd attempt
Doc 2: Lets try this again, calm down, and we’ll be fine.
Me: Why my blood didn’t come out har?
Doc 2: Did you drink a lot of water? Maybe your blood too thick cannot come out.
Me: WTF… If like that I need blood thinner
Doc 2: Heheh, ok relax.
Me: (Here we go again….pain, more pain when doctor pump the syringe… still nothing, KK!)
Doc 2: Never mind, I administer you to another doctor, more expert in this blood test
Me: (Got doctor expert or not expert in taking out blood 1 meh? KK!)

Went out, saw my gal again again, tell her the same news, drank 2 cups of water. Prepared to die again.

4th fricking attempt
Doc 3: (Looking at my biodata together with Doc 2) You said earlier you had trouble withdrawing blood samples in your early experience right?
Me: Ya, but not as bad as this, last time at least can extract half vial before it stop, but today langsung tak ada !
Doc 3: It’s ok, sometimes the blood is too thick or flow too slow to be extracted.
Me: Wah, like that mah never will had my blood taken out?
Doc 3: No lah, don’t worry, not that serious one. (Remove the 4th needle I see in a day, and find a nice G-spot at the middle of my arm. I think she is trying to locate one of my big artery which is hidden beneath the green vein coz I see that she just pluck right in the middle without any vein in sight, not really pain, just a bit tingling and numbness until…. )
Doc 2: Want to wait a little while or not before plunging deeper (in Chinese, thought I don’t understand mehhhh)
Me: (WTF does that mean? Doc 3 is not patient enough ? She is doing it too fast so that to be able to leave office soon?)
Doc 3: (plunge about 5cm of needle inside my arm, could be coming out of the other end of my arm anytime soon… then started to perform suction, for the first time I saw my blood !!! About a small pinch, not more than 1 mm, then she try to suck more, and then strangely… ONLY AIR COMES OUT….shit loh, why ?? Why my blood didn’t come out 1?!?!)

My blood decided to rebel and stay united in my body. Only 1mm blood extracted. What I said next really pathetic after I thought of it… I said …
Me: Like that the blood enough or not ?
Both doctors looking at each other…. While not to embarrass me, Doc 3 said…
Doc 3: Never mind, how about you come back later? Say tomorrow?
Me: How about Monday? (Coz tomorrow will be too soon for my blood to be any better IMHO)
Doc 3: OK, Monday, please come again so that we could take your blood sample. Remember to drink a lot of water.
Me: (CB, KLK)
Doc 2: Remember to drink more water har….

Went out, saw my poor gal out there waiting for nearly an hour already, tell her the news, get oi oi a bit then left for lunch (Fasting for 18 hours already!)

Anyway today already extracted the damn blood. Took only 1 minute to get them out, but my palm is sweaty, can see the sweat there, heck, even during management presentation I am not that scared. So this experience taught me few things :
I don’t have the material for being a great man.
Besides roaches, I had identified a new phobia, and it’s not blood.

Now I look like a bloody drug addict with multiple puncture hole at my arm. Count : 5 !!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm surprised red blood came out. I was expecting green green stuff.

Anonymous said...

Got hit 5 times really not a good idea laa...
Next time alert a bit!!
Complaint their unexperienced doctor! Why treat patient like that?

Anonymous said...

I feel should not complaint when you are talking about blood-less KB becoz it is not everyone faulth AND it is obviously not the unexperienced doctor.

Are u blaming others for your own faulth?

TiBuN said...

dear anonymous : Are you blaming me for other's fault? The second trip which only took 1 minute to extract the blood, so what really went wrong during the first trip? Technically I think you know.

The doctors at that med lab is cute, this I have to agree, but cute doesn't mean they could stab my arm like some zombie maniac.