Thursday, November 02, 2006

Sense of sympathy

One of my colleague resigned on Monday, he’s responsible for the tester handler and ESD matters which is currently what I’m taking over. Not really angry of him leaving me a bunch of unfinished business, but was actually felt a sense of sympathy in him. Why? Coz during his last day of work, at 8pm, he sent some forwards to me with a lot of mp3 and wma songs…. Actually those songs were ok, they were all Chinese oldies that I listen during my primary / secondary school time, but on his last forwards, he say something like this “ I like to listen to songs during the night, it reminds me of my young times when I was studying, everyday ride the bike and can flirt with gals everytime, that time everyone have a common goal of passing exams, no backstabbing and politics…. I can’t go back to that life anymore but I never forget what kind of life I want to live. Bye”

I was like wow, his mail struck even on a cold hearted mortal like me.... he always strike me as the type who had endured a lot of storms and weather during factory life, therefore he is like those old wisdom guru who is looking forward on day’s end, but I didn’t know he was thinking like this. Then another part of me so wanted to agree with him, drop all I have and maybe work in some crap workshop, or maybe just go Australia and pluck apple and strawberry…. I’m pretty sure if I have no family or those detos, I might just live that way, probably get me a nice foreign chick who looks like Jessica Alba… OK maybe not.

Everyone knows working sux, especially in fast pace environment where things can go from mundane to turbo speed at a click. They say it’s the price to pay for your salary receive, but I review back my salary… it’s just junior pay. So maybe I’m underpaid, or I’m doing it wrong in my direction at work. Either way I need a change, either myself or my work environment.

Regardless, that currently ex-colleague of mine went to become a staff in a famous college in KL, which happened to be my alma matter. Good luck dude.

No comments: