Saturday, November 18, 2006

Singapore business trip

Got a mission which is to check out a demonstration of a machine which my company will be buying soon, so off I go to this small country by SQ in a Boeing 777. To make matter worse I need to complete it in 1 day (not that it's that difficult to perform) but tedious if want to squeeze the whole agenda into 1 day. My friend 'Sak' was kind enough to pick me up from Changi and offered to share his bed (actual fact it's more like I get to hijack his bed).
Changi is a very colourful and nice airport, can say beat our local KLIA coz ours looks pretty much like an oversized airport with less 'meat' in the scenery.

Anyway since I'm slightly 'early' in reaching SG, I decided to pop into the once a year International Motorshow which is happening at SunTec convention center. This is the 2nd time I'm been to SG motorshow and this certainly looks the same as my previous visit, the car list seemed to be updated but basically the booth and placement are more or less the same. The first car that meet the audience is a Mazda RX-8, standard car with alot of hype. Nothing much here so I move on....
Next in the line that caught my attention is the Fiat Punto, new edition !!! This car basically no big deal, cheap crap with lots of electronic gimmick, but this one comes with an electronic SUNROOF !!! For those who are not familiar with sunroof, this is actually god's best invention in the world for human mankind. Coz it's ideal for autumn and spring, romantic during meteor shower, and definately cool during drag race. Fiat goes one step further and gave us the ultimate sunroof that any human had ever seen. The following is the evolution of sunroof from basic till the latest punto's !
The latest Punto's sunroof actually goes beyond the normal civic type and further drag the sunroof all the way back, 2x better than the normal Charade sunroof!!!

Man I want this car ! Dunno when the halfcut will start arrive Malaysia.

Then I continue to walk around, found those normal cars like the Lamborghini Gallardo, Ferrari Fiorano..etc, then I reach Subaru's counter, maybe because I'm too handsome, there's a guy name Russ Swift who wanted to take pictures with me, along with 8 others Subaru gals... after the event I went and check out and then realize that guy is the guy who hold the Guiness World Record for :
  • Parallel parking in tightest space
  • J turn in tightest space
  • Fastest do-nutsOh ok, one of those crazy guy who did those funny stuff around the road....

Continue down the road there are those Nissan 350Z, racing spec, road spec, those different versions, then Honda Civic, Integra.... then a nice chick, so I go and take more pictures with them to make them feel less boring...

Then me and my friend left the motorshow coz the rest of the cars are those Toyota Vios, Altis, Sunny, Imprezza...etc which is nothing much to see. This motorshow major items are alot of concept cars, which won't be making their debut on the road, which technically useless cause I won't be able to smoke them on the road anyway...


Noticed that Honda step actually went backwards and use Charade's back cover design :)

After motorshow, we went for dinner at Tony Roma's steak house just off Orchard road. 8/10 for my baby rib experience. Can say not bad lah.

I think the baked potato tasted the best, but the baby rib also cannot be forgotten, sigh....
Reach home very tired, straight sleep d.
D2, my friend need to go to work OT, don't know why people wanted to work on Sundays, in the end also have to use his hard earn money to treat me dinner and supper anyway :P So early morning 10am I off to take their transport bus and MRT to Orchard ! Yay, shopping time. The street is full of Indons (or is it Philippines maid?). Geli loh, so many of those people hanging around Orchard Road.... very little nice gals to see, maybe all stay at home or go other shopping area :(


They got these street ball for gals going on, watched for a few minutes, no big deal so I cabut, checked out Paragon, Takashimaya, Kinokuniya :P, and those adjecent shopping complexes. Run the whole mile and only landed myself with few shopping clothes only, including some for my gal's. So basically that's it, total shopping duration : 9 hours (11am - 8pm). But of course among there got lunch and 2 hours book reading at Kinokuniya :P

Luckily some of the shops already started to have December Christmas sales in advance, else I will be struck with very expensive goods to look at. Speaking of Christmas, the streets are already decked with santa's magic, it's been long since I celebrated Christmas in Singapore, damn I miss those days.

Nite time meet up with Sak, he brought me to Sakae Sushi off Yishun and seeing that this is his treat, I ordered a Sashimi Bento, heheh, sure must hantam him kao kao mah. After the dinner, made a challenge to ourself that we could down a bowl of Swensen's Earthquake volcano 8 scoops ice cream, and so we did. Later we call off the next challenge of finishing a set of burger king coz we might not be able to walk home if we proceed.
After reach home pack up all my stuff and ready to goto 'work' the following day.
The following day is a plain working schedule with machine demonstration, evaluation, data recording, lunch, closure and then leave Singapore. Lunch is nice at Crystal Jade Restaurant which menu similar like 'Kim Gary', 'Wong Kok' (Chinese cuisine style). The total set lunch for 6 person only cost SGD230, which I think consider ok for their food.

This trip let me know alot more on fact in life. Apparently working in Singapore really is getting good for my friend, coz he practically bought himself a flat screen LCD TV, a high end DSLR with complimentary lenses, mobile phone, ipod...etc, maybe I should start looking at other part of the world ;)

Many thanks to you 'Sak' for the hospitality rendered.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sungguh membosankan punya post.
I have never seen anyone get so hyped about a hole on top of your car.